Commodes are convenient for those who are feeling weak, recovering from an injury, a surgery or illness, or suffer from joint problems.
What should you look out for when choosing commodes?
- Your comfort and stability
- Choose a seat that is similar to the one used in your home toilet
- Ease of moving around
- if it is difficult for you to move around on your own, a movable or mobile commode will be more suitable
- Hygiene concerns
- Pick a commode that has a tight fitting cover for the pail
- Make sure you pick a commode that has a deep splash guard to prevent leakage of fecal matter or urine
- Adjustable or folding types