- NRT works by releasing small amounts of nicotine to allow your body to get used to the change gradually
- Helps you to overcome cravings and reduce withdrawal symptoms during the first few weeks of quitting smoking
Know the Difference
Nicotine Chewing Gum
- Chew gum slowly until peppery/minty taste appears, park it between cheek and gum for absorption.
- Repeat the chew-park-chew action slowly slowly for about 30 minutes.
- Available in different strengths.
- Your pharmacist will choose the patch strength, based on your nicotine dependence and number of sticks smoked daily.
- You will be advised to reduce the patch strength in a step-down manner.
- At the start of the day, put on a new patch on your clean, hairless body part eg. forearm.
If you or your loved ones need help to quit smoking, call 6340 2300 (NHGP) now or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for an appointment with our pharmacist.